The Role of the CAD in the community
The CAD’s approach to the identification, care and treatment of substance dependants is stated in its main objective namely:
“To ensure that substance dependants refrain from the use of dependence-producing substances.”
The CAD believes that substance dependence is identifiable and treatable, and thus we aim to support the substance dependant physically, psychologically, socially and religiously to lead a sober, productive and healthy life.
Scientifically based approach:
In the provision of such assistance, the CAD further supports the necessity of scientifically based approaches to identifying, detoxification, rehabilitation and recovery of substance dependants. The CAD’s role in the handling of substance dependants therefore includes:
- Identification of dependents for treatment at a dependence treatment centre;
- Financial and practical support of the dependant and the concerned relatives and / or co-dependants during and after treatment;
- Providing mutual support, group solidarity and therapeutic growth for recovering substance dependants and their relatives and / or co-dependants, during and after completion of the treatment at a substance recovery centre.
The CAD collaborates with Government departments and organizations involved in the preparation, implementation and valuation of combating substance dependency.
The CAD also collaborates with churches, business organizations, schools and other interested organizations to empower people to guard against the formation of dependency.
Aftercare service (in the form of group or personal meetings) is available to recovering substance dependants, their relatives and to co-dependants.
Collaboration and Aftercare:
In collaboration with the Government departments and organizations involved in the preparation, implementation and valuation of combating substance dependency; churches, business organisations; schools and other interested organisations and individuals, CAD endeavours to:
- Promote resistance to dependency development
- To deliver aftercare to recovering substance abusers, their relatives and co-dependants.
In explaining this position CAD’s function is based on the Bible as the infallible Word of God and CAD endeavours to live out and build the Christian ethos, value system and life-style.
Are you aware of a need /opportunity for a group to develop in your area?
Please contact us!! email@example.com